Sunday, April 11, 2010

NILUPAK


One of my favorite merienda is the nilupak. It's made of kamoteng kahoy (yucca root or cassava), sometimes kamote (sweet potato), at other times saba (a form of banana used for cooking), mashed until it's smooth, with sugar to taste (and sometimes milk). The result is laden with butter or margarine. This is at times wrapped in banana leaf for packaging.

Ingredients:

4 cups unripe saba, cooked and pounded
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups buko, medium hard
1/2 teaspoon vanilla



How to make nilupak

*

Combine the above ingredients, and pound once more.
*

Mix till well blended.
*

Arrange on a platter and cut into desired shapes.
*

Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

1 comment:

Happy Traveler said...

This recipe is new to me. I grew up in a place where "kakanin" is very famous. But never heard of "nilupak" made of "saging na saba". I love "nilupak". I remember loving it when my mom used to bring me "pasalubong" from the market when I was just 4 years old. And up until now, I always buy "nilupak" whenever I have chance or in the market. That's why I decided to make my blog www.thehapitraveler.blogspot.com, so I can compile my homegrown recipes and food cravings.

Post a Comment