Sunday, April 11, 2010
* 1 kg pork tenderloin, cubed
* 3 medium potatoes, cubed
* 2 medium carrots, cubed
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
* 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
* 500 ml tomato sauce
* 100 g liver spread
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, chopped
* 50 g grated romano cheese
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 cup Sprite
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 lemon, zest of, only
* ground black pepper
1. Combine all marinade ingredients. Divide the marinade in halves. Save half. Add pork cubes on the other half with the bay leaf and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove pork from the marinade, drip dry.
3. Sauté garlic and onion, add pork and the unused half of the marinade and bay leaf, simmer uncovered, reduce the liquid to half.
4. Add fresh pork liver if you prefer the fresh ingredient, cover and cook.
5. Add tomato sauce, liver paste, carrots, potatoes and raisins, simmer stirring occasionally.
6. Add peppers and adjust the seasoning.
7. Add the grated cheese, let it melt, stir and distribute evenly. Serve hot.