Saturday, August 8, 2009
* 1 cup flour
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 cups water
* 1 tsp lihiya (lye)
* yellow food color or atsuete
* grated niyog (coconut meat)
Kutsinta Cooking Materials:
* muffin pan
Kutsinta Cooking Instructions:
* Half-fill the steamer with water and boil.
* In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for the grated niyog. Stir well and pass the mixture through a strainer.
* Pour the mixture into each of the mold in the muffin pan. Place muffin pan in the steamer and steam for 10 to 20 minutes.
* Cool before transferring to a tray. Serve with grated niyog on top
* Do not put grated niyog on top of kutsinta if you will not consume them immediately. This is to avoid them from easily spoiling.