* 1 1/2 tablespoons butter shortening, melted
* 3 tablespoons of original breading flour
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell condensed chicken stock
* 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water (use chicken stock can)
First we are going to make a roux with the melted shortening (butter) and 1 1/2 tablespoon of *breading flour.
Cook this over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the roux browns in color to resemble a nice milk chocolate color.
Once the mixture turns brown remove it from the heat and add the remaining flour stirring to make a paste. Slowly add the liquid (s) whisking together the paste and liquid.
Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 2 minutes reduce the heat and allow the mixture to thicken which should take about 3 to 5 minutes. Stirring constantly. Mixture will burn if left unattended.
*That is just the flour that you use to bread the chicken with.