Fried Chicken ala Jollibee
- 8-10 pcs chicken thighs and legs
- salt and pepper
- For the breading:
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 1/2 c flour
- salt &;pepper
- 1 tbsp five spice *five spice is an acquired taste so try putting a minimum of 1tbsp first and add as you please.
- Marinate chicken with lemon and salt and pepper overnight or at least 30 minutes.
- Fill a large skillet (cast iron is best) about half full with vegetable oil. Heat until VERY hot..
- Meanwhile, roll the chicken pieces into the breading.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Drop 5-6 pieces into the hot oil.
- Make sure there's enough space to stir the chicken.
- Deep fry it until golden brown.
- Drain the fried chicken.
- It should be crispy goden brown.