8 Large eggs
2 cups cake flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar (1 cup for egg white and 1 cup for egg yolk)
3/4 cup cold water
3/4 cup cooking oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup powdered milk
1/2 small can condense milk * add a few drops of evap milk if d icing is too dry
1 unsalted butter (soften)
grated cheese (mild cheddar)
Prepare 2 x 9 inch round pan and line with parchment paper. Pre-heat the oven to 175C.
Separate egg yolk and egg white.
1. Mix together all dry ingredients flour, baking powder, 1 cup sugar set aside the other 1 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. Combine egg yolks, oil, water and vanilla. Mix well then set aside.
1. Beat egg white till foamy then add cream of tartar and 1 cup of sugar gradually mix well until soft peaks.
2. Fold in egg yolk and egg white mixture mix well but not to over mix it.
3. Transfer baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake it for 30-45 min. or till the test comes out clean.
4. Transfer to wire rack to cool down completely. You can add frosting of your choice.